A seasoned medical malpractice attorney Brooklyn NY residents trust knows that doctors are required to take an oath to do no harm, but from time to time, serious mistakes can occur in hospitals, medical offices, and clinics. Sadly, the effects of medical malpractice can be devastating to patients who are counting on treatment to get better, not worse.
When Medicine Goes Wrong
If you or a loved one has been a victim of medical malpractice, you may wish to take action by consulting with a personal injury lawyer. In some cases, victims like you may be entitled to monetary damages. For this reason, you should have your case reviewed by a medical malpractice lawyer like Laurence C. Tarowsky Attorney At Law. Laurence C. Tarowsky Attorney At Law is prepared to handle an array of malpractice cases, including:
- Serious injuries from medical mistakes
- Medical procedure and surgical errors
- Medical negligence
- Medication errors
- Hospital, medical facility, hospital staff, and clinic errors
During this difficult time in your life, you have enough on your mind without having to worry about taking legal action against the medical professional who caused your injuries. Instead of handling matters on your own, contact Laurence C. Tarowsky Attorney At Law to enlist the services of a lawyer who is compassionate, understanding, and ready to help you recover from your physical, emotional, and financial hardships.
What Is Considered Medical Malpractice?
A seasoned medical malpractice attorney Brooklyn NY victims depend on knows that there are several types of incidents that are the most common causes of medical malpractice injuries and illnesses. These causes include:
- Serious injuries from medical mistakes: Many medical malpractice victims end up with serious injuries from medical mistakes that a medical worker – who was supposed to be taking care of them – made. These mistakes, also referred to as medical errors, are almost always preventable if the correct procedures or protocols were followed. Medical errors are so prevalent, that they are now considered the third leading cause of death in this country, following heart disease and cancer.
- Misdiagnoses and Delayed Diagnoses: One of the most critical components of beating a serious illness is diagnosing that illness and obtaining the correct treatment. However, each year, more than 12 million patients are misdiagnosed in the United States – which comes out to approximately one in every 20 patients. That delay in correctly treating a patient – or a medical issue entirely – can cause severe medical issues for the patient, and can often result in the patient’s death.
- Medical procedure and surgical errors: Another common reason for medical malpractice suits is because of errors made during a medical procedure or surgery. One study found that more than four thousand patients each year are injured because of surgical error. These errors include leaving a foreign object in the patient (such as a surgical instrument or sponge), operating on the wrong side of the patient’s body, and performing the wrong surgery on the patient.
- Medication errors: Another alarming preventable event involves medication errors. These errors can occur while the victim is in the hospital because of a mistake by the hospital pharmacy or medical staff who administer the medication. Errors involve giving patients the wrong dosage of medication, giving them the wrong medication, or administering the medication incorrectly. More than 1 million people are victims of medication errors each year.
- Medical negligence: An experienced medical malpractice attorney in Brooklyn NY knows that an important component to a malpractice claim in proving medical negligence. When medical personnel fail to act or follow what is appropriate medical standard of care which caused a patient to become ill or suffer an injury, then there may be cause for a medical malpractice lawsuit.
A professional medical malpractice attorney Brooklyn NY clients recommend knows that medical mistakes can happen at a doctor’s office, hospital, or any other type of medical facility, and can involve any member of the medical or hospital staff, as well as clinic errors.
Can a Skilled Medical Malpractice Attorney Brooklyn NY Clients Trust Help You?
If you have suffered injury or illness caused by negligence or recklessness on the part of a medical professional, consider contacting a professional Brooklyn medical malpractice attorney. Attorney Laurence C. Tarowsky is tireless in his efforts to obtain the financial compensation that victims of medical malpractice deserve and will to everything he can to get you the best possible outcome.
Contact the best medical malpractice attorney Brooklyn NY provides today at 212-947-2099 to set an appointment for a free case evaluation.