If you were injured in a truck accident, a semi-truck accident lawyer New York NY residents trust may be able to help you. Being involved in a truck accident can be a traumatic experience and you deserve justice for your damages caused by someone else. Laurence C. Tarowsky, Attorney at Law has helped many individuals like yourself obtain fair compensation.
Common Types of Truck Accident Injuries
Semi-trucks are bigger and heavier than most vehicles on the road, so they cause more damage during accidents. Individuals involved in truck accidents can suffer some very serious injuries, as a semi-truck accident lawyer in New York NY can attest. Let’s take a closer look at some of the common types of truck accident injuries:
- Head Injuries: There are several types of head injuries that can result from a semi-truck accident. A mild concussion, for example, may heal on its own in a few days and not require any treatment. A traumatic brain injury, on the other hand, is much more serious and may require surgery and ongoing treatment. If a traumatic brain injury is severe enough, it can negatively affect a person’s cognitive abilities and prevent him or her from doing normal activities for an extended period or time, or even permanently.
- Burns: As a semi-truck accident lawyer New York NY locals rely on can confirm, burns are also common in semi-truck accidents. This is because with large trucks, there is a bigger risk of fuel tanks rupturing and causing fires. Individuals involved in semi-truck accidents may suffer painful and disfiguring burns.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: A semi-truck accident lawyer New York NY residents respect has represented truck accident victims who suffered spinal cord injuries. These injuries can lead to temporary or permanent paralysis in various parts of the body. If a spinal cord injury doesn’t result in paralysis, it will likely still be very painful and require extensive treatment.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Cuts and lacerations may not be as serious as the injuries mentioned above, but they can still be very painful. Deep cuts can also be disfiguring and may require surgery to repair.
- Broken Bones: Severe blunt force trauma in semi-truck accidents is common. It can result in drivers and passengers sustaining broken arms and legs. Broken bones often lead to intense pain and may require surgery if the bone is broken in more than one place.
Scheduling a Consultation with a Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
If you have decided to pursue a lawsuit against the truck driver who hit your vehicle, you may want to schedule a consultation with a New York semi-truck accident lawyer. He or she can help you build a strong case and protect your legal rights.
During your consultation, a semi-truck accident lawyer New York NY locals count on may ask you several questions about your case, such as when the accident happened and what injuries you suffered. If you have any evidence pertaining to your case, don’t forget to bring it with you to the consultation.
If you are looking for a semi-truck accident lawyer New York NY offers, contact Laurence C. Tarowsky, Attorney at Law at 212-947-2099.