Q&A: Airbags and Auto Accidents
Hopefully, you will not need an auto accident lawyers Brooklyn NY locals recommend, at least, not anytime soon. In a collision, drivers want to rely on their airbag deploying as needed. Unfortunately, our experience as Brooklyn auto accident lawyers has shown that airbags do not always deploy when needed. That can result in significant injuries that otherwise might have been avoided.
Whether an airbag is activated or not depends on many factors including speed, and the direction of impact by another vehicle or object. Sensors in the car trigger an airbag to release. Below we have answered questions about when or why airbags work, and other important information. If you have recently been in an auto accident, visit the nearest hospital to receive an evaluation and treatment for injuries. Contact auto accident lawyers in Brooklyn NY for answers to legal concerns you may have about seeking compensation from the party who caused your accident.
Why Would an Airbag Not Deploy?
Airbags are not designed to deploy in all car accident scenarios. The following are examples of when an airbag may not activate:
- The crash is moderate enough to where the airbag would not be necessary in order to protect the driver (assuming he or she is wearing a seatbelt). A seatbelt may be sufficient to protect the driver or passengers from suffering chest, head, or neck injuries.
- Advanced frontal airbags turn off automatically on the passenger side, when sensors detect that a small person or child is in the front seat. The sensors base this on the weight of the person in the seat. Vehicles with advanced side airbags may also operate in a similar fashion. The airbag should not deploy when the passenger is small or very light weight as it can hurt them. If an airbag injured someone in your vehicle, contact auto accident lawyers Brooklyn NY victims trust to protect their rights.
- In some used vehicles, an airbag may not activate if it was deployed in a previous car accident and not replaced.
Where Are All the Airbags Located in a Car?
This depends on the kind of car, but airbags are usually installed in the front and side areas. Side airbags tend to inflate more quickly, due to less space between the driver, passengers and the site of impact. Frontal airbags are mainly installed into the steering wheel and dashboard.
If an Airbag Deploys, Does that Mean the Car is Totaled?
It is commonly believed that if an airbag releases due to an accident, a car is considered totaled. Airbags deploying does not necessarily mean a car is automatically totaled. If the cost of fixing the car and replacing the airbag is more than the total loss threshold, then it is considered a total loss. Installing new airbags can be expensive, so vehicles that are low in value can more easily be declared a total loss if the airbags deployed.
Can I Replace My Own Airbag?
An improperly installed airbag can deploy accidentally and cause injury to the driver or passengers. It may be best to have a certified technician replace your airbag to reduce the possibility of injury. If a technician installed or replaced your airbag which deployed improperly and caused an injury, contact auto accident lawyers Brooklyn NY residents choose in similar circumstances. It’s possible that the technician may be liable for your injury.
Do Airbags Cause Any Injuries When Deployed?
The driver or passenger where an airbag deploys may experience abrasions, burns, bruises, blunt trauma, internal organ damage, sprained extremities, or a loss of consciousness. In some cases, it can cause a fatality. If you or a family member was injured by an airbag, contact auto accident lawyers Brooklyn NY motorists turn to from our office to see if the injury is eligible for compensation.
Call Laurence C. Tarowsky Attorney at Law at 212-947-2099 to speak with a respected
auto accident lawyers Brooklyn NY offers. When you’ve been injured in a serious car accident, it’s important to know where you can find auto accident lawyers Brooklyn NY residents know and trust. At Laurence C. Tarowsky Attorney At Law, our legal team is equipped to handle a variety of personal injury claims. With decades of experience handling civil suits for accident victims, we know how important it is for families to have a reliable source for legal counsel.
Why Choose Laurence C. Tarowsky Attorney At Law?
There are many auto accident lawyers Brooklyn NY has to offer, but how do you know you’ve found the right one for your case?
- Experience. Laurence C. Tarowsky, Esq. has over 20 years of experience practicing personal injury law. As a long-time resident of New York State, he understands the complexities of the New York legal system.
- Referrals. If your legal matters extend beyond the scope of personal injury litigation, you’ll want to know that your Brooklyn auto accident lawyers are capable of handling your case. At our firm, we regularly speak with crash scene investigators, photographers, and other industry-specific specialists to understand the details of each case. When necessary, we can also provide referrals to clients who need lawyers for criminal defense, immigration law, real estate law, and bankruptcy.
- Financial Flexibility. Many accident victims hesitate to contact auto accident lawyers in Brooklyn NY because they don’t have enough money to pay legal fees up-front. At our firm, we offer free initial case evaluations and we operate on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients only pay an agreed-upon percentage of their settlement. If a client doesn’t win their claim, our firm doesn’t get a penny.
- Personal Attention. Each claim is unique and each accident victim deserves to have the undivided attention of auto accident lawyer Brooklyn NY can provide. At Laurence C. Tarowsky Attorney At Law, we offer 24/7 availability to our clients. If a client cannot come to our office, we’re happy to schedule home and hospital consultations.
- Proven Results. Our firm has a positive track record of proven results — period. We have won millions of dollars for our clients in previous accident claims. Many of our clients win hundreds of thousands of dollars for their injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Don’t hesitate to contact our firm for more details about our past successes.
Where To Find Auto Accident Lawyers Brooklyn NY Residents Trust
Our firm is proud to serve the New York metro area. Located in Manhattan, we have helped many clients throughout Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Rockland, Suffolk, Nassau, and Staten Island. We have a thorough understand of what it takes to win a car accident claim and we have the resources to build strong cases for our clients. If you’ve been injured in an auto accident and you want to recover your losses, don’t hesitate to reach out to our firm for further discussion.
For more information, or to schedule a free case evaluation with trusted auto accident lawyers Brooklyn NY residents depend on, contact Laurence C. Tarowsky Attorney At Law.