Are you looking for a construction accident attorney New York NY has trusted for decades? Look no further than the law offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky, Attorney At Law. Construction sites are among the most dangerous of working environments, and injuries are unfortunately all too common. If you or a loved one have suffered a work-related injury at a construction site, you may be able to obtain monetary compensation. When looking for a construction accident attorney in New York NY, call the offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky. Our experienced attorneys have been fighting for the people of New York for over 25 years, and with one phone call, we can provide you with a free consultation.
Construction Site Law
Construction site injuries can happen in many different ways; falls from height, faulty or outdated equipment, poor working conditions, and even lack of proper training are some of the ways in which these injuries can manifest. Often, the fault of injury cannot be placed on the worker, which is why there is a strong foundation of law meant to protect workers. This is accomplished in two ways:
- Workers are often entitled to workers’ compensation benefits
- If negligence on behalf of your employer or a third party contributed to your injury, you can file for a personal injury claim and receive monetary compensation from the responsible party – this compensation can and should account for lost wages due to injuries and medical bills, as well as pain and suffering from a reduced quality of life.
Examples of construction site injuries include falling from ladders or scaffolding, exposed wires, crush injuries, falling objects or materials, hazardous exposures (e.g., chemical solvents, etc.), defective or malfunctioning equipment, and inexperienced workers who put your health at risk. Injuries include head or brain injuries, broken bones or sprains, spinal injuries, amputations, burns, paralysis, and even wrongful death. When unfortunate events like these occur, your first priority should be to find a construction accident attorney New York NY has trusted to represent workers for years. You can find that with us at Laurence C. Tarowsky, Attorney at Law.
Why Hiring A New York Construction Accident Attorney Is Right For You
Construction workers injured at work often try to represent themselves, and while this is technically possible, this strategy is rife with pitfalls. By foregoing a construction accident attorney New York NY respects, who is well-versed with the law and has experience representing others who have been in your position, you may lose time, money, and peace of mind in trying to get what you deserve.
By obtaining formal legal counsel from a construction accident attorney New York NY has looked to for decades, we can offer the following:
- A chance at higher compensation.
- Liaison for insurance companies – these companies will often contact you in an attempt to assess the situation and offer a settlement, which often grossly underestimates the costs of the injury suffered. By hiring formal legal counsel, you can allow our attorneys to serve as your liaison to these insurance companies.
- Litigation services – with the arm of the law behind you, you will not have to negotiate settlements or fight to obtain worker’s’ compensation on your own. We can do that for you.
- Peace of mind – while you focus on your rehabilitation, you can trust us to fight for you to get what you deserve.
We aim to represent workers who have not just suffered physically, but also emotionally and financially as a result of their injuries. At Laurence C. Tarowsky, Attorney at Law, our offices are staffed with attorneys steeped in experience, and we can provide you with a construction accident attorney New York NY has leaned upon for decades.