Construction Accident Attorney in NYC
It’s a well-known fact that occupations within the construction industry are quite dangerous and can expose workers to hazards. Construction workers must deal with heavy equipment, machinery, heights, uneven floors, electrical wiring, and other dangerous conditions on a daily basis. All of these job responsibilities can put workers at risk for serious accidents resulting from negligence on construction sites. The Law Offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky can help you navigate your legal options and seek compensation if you have been hurt in a construction accident. Contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Construction Accidents
The circumstances for construction accidents can significantly vary. However, what is common is the severity of the injury – which is often serious or fatal. Examples of accidents include:
- Falling from ladders, scaffolding, or high places
- Exposed wires
- Being crushed by an object
- Falling objects or materials
- Hazardous materials (i.e. chemicals, solvents, insulation, etc.)
- Equipment malfunction or defect
- Inexperienced machine operators
These injuries can be serious and may include the following:
- Head or brain injuries
- Broken bones or sprains
- Back, neck, or spinal injuries
- Burn injury
- Wrongful Death
If any of these injuries have happened to you or a loved one, contact an experienced construction accident attorney.
Thankfully, the law protects those who have been injured on construction sites in two ways. First, you may be entitled to receive workers compensation benefits. Second, if the negligence of someone other than your employer has contributed to your injuries, you may be able to bring a personal injury claim seeking monetary damages from the responsible party. You may be entitled to recover monetary damages that can help you pay your medical bills, replace any income you’ve lost due to your injuries, and compensate you for the pain and suffering resulting from your injuries.
How can a Construction Accident Attorney Help me?
Technically, you can file for compensation without a lawyer; however, doing so could be a costly mistake in terms of not only financial setbacks but also lost time in getting what you deserve. If you do not have a legal background, you should consider getting advice from an experienced construction accident attorney. The Law Offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky can help you with the following:
- Obtain a maximum award of compensation: By allowing an attorney to file the paperwork for workers’ compensation or a lawsuit, you could receive more money than what you would get without the legal counsel. The reason for this is that a construction accident attorney has the experience and skills needed to ensure everything is adequately taken into consideration.
- The attorney can handle the insurance companies: When you are injured at a construction site or from construction equipment, you may be contacted by the insurance company. They may attempt to get a statement from you and they may offer you a settlement. It will be in your best interest to let them know that your attorney will be in touch. You do not have to say any more than that and should abide by this thinking until you get legal advice.
- You pay nothing up front: A good construction accident attorney will typically not charge you anything up front. Usually, you will pay nothing unless you win your claim. This means you lose nothing except a small amount of your time to speak with a construction accident attorney.
Contact a New York City Construction Accident Attorney
At the Law Offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky, we represent workers who have suffered physically, emotionally, and financially due to job-related injuries. We offer litigation services to clients so that they can focus on their rehabilitation instead of having to worry about negotiating settlements with employers or obtaining workers compensation. The Law Offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky has been a trusted attorney for decades. Our firm has garnered a reputation that we are proud of after 30 years of helping clients. If you would like to schedule an appointment with a construction accident attorney, contact the Law Offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky today.