Defective Product Attorney in NYC
Although we should be able to trust the companies that sell us products, consumers are injured because of defective products far too often. Every day, ordinary items that should be safe can result in injury and even death for the innocent people using them. If you have been the victim of a faulty product or inadequate labeling, its important to understand your rights and consider your legal options. The Law Offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky can provide you with the education and legal representation you need to represent your interests and pursue the compensation you deserve. For strong legal representation when you need it most, contact the Law Offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky today.
Types of Product Defects
An experienced product liability attorney can help you determine whether you have a case. Nearly any product that you use can be defective. A few examples of the defective products our firm has experience handling include:
- Car/vehicle components
- Children’s toys/accessories
- Household tools/appliances
When a product causes a consumer to become seriously injured, the challenge of determining exactly what went wrong begins. There are three categories that a defect can fall into and all must be considered in your product liability case. These can include design defects, manufacturer defects, and failure to warn.
- Design Defects: When a product’s design is unsafe, it can cause a consumer to become seriously injured. An unsafe design can occur if the designer failed to account for safety during the initial product development phase. In a design defect case, the injured party is required to prove that there was a safer, more feasible, and equally practical design that would allow the product to maintain its intended function.
- Manufacturer Defects: When the design of a product is determined to be safe, it is sent into production, known as manufacturing. If a manufacturer deviates from the approved design, the product may not be as safe as it should be and can ultimately cause a consumer to become seriously injured. In a manufacturer design case, the injured party must prove that there was a deviation from the sound design.
- Failure to Warn: Even if a product is designed and manufactured as intended, it is important for the company to include clear warnings and instructions with the product to ensure user safety. Injuries can occur if a product is used incorrectly because there were not adequate labels or warnings about the potential dangers of the product. The company can be held accountable for failure to warn of any hazards when using the product.
Contact a NYC Product Liability Attorney
The Law Offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky believes in going the extra mile for clients and takes pride in our ability to get the results clients are looking for. Our firm is committed to providing effective, professional, and aggressive legal representation for a wide variety of product liability cases. When you work with The Law Offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky, you will get personalized attention and respect every step of the process. If your life has been negatively affected by a faulty product, don’t try to navigate the complexities of product liability law on your own. Contact The Law Offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky today to schedule your free consultation.