Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Bronx NY
A traumatic brain injury can cause severe physical and psychological challenges for the victim, which is why it is important to consult with a lawyer who has experience in this specific kind of injury. Law Offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky have handled a large number of brain injury cases. Guided by a tenacious will to fight for victims and their family members, we have successfully recovered millions of dollars in damages.To speak with a brain injury lawyer now, call us now.
Understanding Traumatic Brain Injuries
When the brain undergoes a sudden physical impact, such as the head forcefully hitting an object or a gunshot wound, it may be considered a traumatic brain injury. Car accidents are the most common causes of traumatic brain injuries. Other causes can include:
- Slip and fall/ trip and fall
- Extreme sports
- Child abuse
- Deceleration injuries
- Metabolic disorders (i.e. carbon monoxide poisoning, lead poisoning)
- + More
The above injuries can be sustained in a broad number of ways varying from natural causes, accidents, and medical malpractice. If you believe you or a loved one was the victim of a traumatic brain injury, please call our team today.
Effects of Traumatic Brain Injuries
The effects of a TBI are usually noticeable soon after the injury; however, long term problems or permanent injuries are often difficult to asses. Some common effects of a traumatic brain injury include:
- Cognitive impairment (i.e. difficulty in organizing thoughts, confusion, inability to concentrate)
- Coma and/or reduced state of awareness
- Communication problems
- Executive dysfunction (i.e. difficulty in learning new rules, inability to multitask, lack of motivation, decision making problems, etc.)
- Emotional problems (i.e. mood swings, sense of loss, depression, anxiety, personality changes, PTSD, etc.)
- Hormonal imbalances
- Physical problems (i.e. mobility, spasticity, paralysis, ataxia, fatigue,epilepsy, etc.)
- Post-traumatic amnesia (i.e. unable to recall events, inability to recognize familiar people, tendency to wander, uncharacteristic behaviors)
- Behavioral problems (i.e. disinhibition, ,impulsiveness, obsessive behavior, aggression, apathy, egocentricity, etc)
All of these effects can be temporary, long lasting, or permanent. In any case they are often devastating. When negligence, wrongdoing, or carelessness was involved, you may be able to seek compensation with the help of a traumatic brain injury lawyer.
The Importance of a TBI Lawyer
Brain injury cases are often challenging because there is a high possibility that the victim will not recall the accident or struggle in preparation for a hearing or trial. Diminished consciousness, impaired cognitive abilities, and emotional disturbances are also difficult for others, such as a jury, to notice. For these reasons, it is prudent to choose a lawyer who understands TBIs and how to present them to a judge and jury.
Call the Law Offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky to Speak with a TBI Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered from a traumatic brain injury, you likely want a traumatic brain injury lawyer Bronx NY trusts who is experienced, knowledgeable, diligent, persistent, and supportive. By choosing the Law Offices of Laurence C. Tarowsky you can feel confident in knowing your lawyer will work as hard as possible to secure the results you are looking for.