If you suffered injuries in a truck accident, you may want to consult with a trucking accident lawyer New York NY residents trust. At the legal firm of Laurence C. Tarowsky Attorney At Law, we are here to protect the rights of men and women who have been injured through no fault of their own. Case evaluations are free, so there is no risk in speaking with us.
Why Truck Accidents Are Often Dangerous
Accidents involving commercial trucks are more likely to result in serious injuries and deaths, as a trucking accident lawyer in New York NY can attest. This is because a large truck can weigh 80,000 pounds or more. A collision between a commercial truck and passenger car is likely to lead to severe damage for the occupants of the smaller vehicle.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
As a trucking accident lawyer New York NY locals respect can confirm, truck accidents occur every day. Many of them are due to driver error. Let’s take a closer look at some of the most common causes of truck accidents:
- Distracted Driving: Truck drivers may multi-task while they’re driving. They may talk on the phone, send text messages or eat behind the wheel. Being distracted can take their attention off the road and increase the risk of causing an accident.
- Speeding: If a truck driver is on a strict deadline, they may drive over the speed limit to get to their destinations on time. Unfortunately, speeding can lower a driver’s reaction time and put everyone who is on the road in danger.
- Driver Fatigue: A trucking accident lawyer New York NY residents rely on has likely seen many truck accidents caused by driver fatigue. If truck drivers drive for too long, they can become exhausted and even fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Inadequate Training: Driving a commercial truck is different than driving a regular vehicle, so extensive training is crucial. If a truck driver doesn’t receive adequate training before getting behind the wheel, he or she is more likely to cause an accident, as a trucking accident lawyer New York NY clients depend on can confirm.
- Improper Truck Maintenance: Just like all other vehicles, commercial trucks have to be properly maintained. If a trucking company fails to schedule regular maintenance checks for its trucks, accidents are more likely to occur. For example, if the tires aren’t properly maintained, a tire blowout could occur in the middle of a highway and cause the trucker to lose control.
Available Damages in Truck Accident Lawsuits
If you were hurt in a truck accident, you have the right to pursue compensation. There are many types of damages that might be included in a truck accident lawsuit, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
After carefully evaluating your case, a New York trucking accident lawyer from Laurence C. Tarowsky Attorney At Law may be able to help you determine how much it is worth. In addition, Laurence C. Tarowsky may be able to assist you in suing the truck driver who hit you.
If you are looking for a respected trucking accident lawyer New York NY offers, contact Laurence C. Tarowsky Attorney At Law at 212-947-2099